Melanie

How To Nominate Your Horses

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:00 am

I know that every one is probably as excited as I am about this year's Breeder's Cup races! I'm opening up nominations a bit earlier than I expected because I just can't wait to get the races filled up and ready to run on October 31st! This year is the first year where horses will only be allowed to run if they qualify, and I'm hoping that maybe next year we can automate the system a bit so there isn't so much work. For this year, we'll have to do it the old school way, by hand.

Horse Nominations
The fields for the Breeder's Cup races are restricted to fourteen (14) entrants. Seven of these, for each race, come from the Win & You're In series. The others will be nominated by owners.

Each owner will be responsible for nominating their horses for each division. Nominations will open October 1, 2014, on the TSC Forum. Nominations will close [s]October 14[/s] October 20th, 2014. No nominations will be accepted after this date.

To nominate your horse, you will need to add the eligible race point totals. Any Graded Stakes that the horse has run and finished with a win, place, or show, should be accounted for. When nominating your horse, please list all the Graded Stakes races that you have added, as well as their placings. The top seven horses from each division will then run in the particular race.

How to Qualify
There are two ways to qualify, with points, and with a Win & You're In race.

Qualification by Points

Horses are ranked according to placings in graded stakes. Please see below for more information about the points.

Grade One (G1) Points
Win (1st): 10
Place (2nd): 6
Show (3rd): 4

Grade Two (G2) Points
Win (1st): 6
Place (2nd): 4
Show (3rd): 2

Grade Three (G3) Points
Win (1st): 4
Place (2nd): 2
Show (3rd): 1

To Nominate Your Horse
Please follow this format and create a new post for EACH horse in the race board you want your horse nominated for.
Please make the subject of the post the Horse's Name and Total Points: Yellowbrickroad - 20

Code: Select all

[b]Horse Name[/b]: 
[b]INJC ID Number[/b]:
[b]Horse Stats[/b]: (YOB, Breed, Gender)
[b]Owned By[/b]:
[b]Bred By[/b]:

[u][b]Eligible Results[/b][/u]
Please list each eligible race in this format:
Race Name, Grade, Placing, Point Total

[b]Total Number of Points:  [/b]

If I were going to enter my mare, it would look like this:
Horse Name: Yellowbrickroad
INJC ID Number: 311
Horse Stats: 2008 Thoroughbred Mare
Owned By: Cairdeas Kentucky
Bred By: Cairdeas International

Eligible Results
Please list each eligible race in this format:
Race Name, Grade, Placing, Point Total
Yellow Ribbon S., G1, 1, 10
Del Mar Oaks, G1, 1, 10
Total Number of Points: 20

Please Note: Please do your math correctly, Meaghan and I do not want to have to go through and double check race records or addition, but we will. We are already going to have an extensive spreadsheet built for each race that each horse will be put in. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, do not cheat the system.

Melanie

Re: How To Nominate Your Horses

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Only six days left! Get your nominations in!

Return to “2014 Breeder's Cup Nominations”