Nessa

offspring to nominated stallions and mares

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:14 am

Hey :)

Ive got a little question. If I remember right, the offspring of nominated sweepstakes mares / stallions got some kind of nomination too. Was that changed or do I maybe remember things that werent there?
I was wondering because I created a daughter to Eponas Mystery Nishaa and S Bint Maaroufa (resulted in Mystery Maaroufa but nothing happened. No biggie btw, I just wanted to ask if that has been changed lol.

Tessa

Re: offspring to nominated stallions and mares

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:39 am

Nessa, nothing has changed on that standpoint. Mystery Maaroufa is listed on the breeders sweepstakes nominated foals page. So she is definitely in there, will have to wait for Jenna to weigh in on why the banner is showing on her page :D Just wanted to let you know that she is nominated.

Sanna

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:57 am

On the old ASSA page, I had the same thing happen to me. Bred a filly by a nominated sire, registered, but no banner on her page. Once she got her first show results, the banner appeared also.
I wonder if this is a similar situation? :D

Nessa

Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:01 am

Tessa wrote:Nessa, nothing has changed on that standpoint. Mystery Maaroufa is listed on the breeders sweepstakes nominated foals page. So she is definitely in there, will have to wait for Jenna to weigh in on why the banner is showing on her page :D Just wanted to let you know that she is nominated.

alrighty :D

Jenna

Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:42 am

It shouldn't have anything to do with the foal's show results. I'll look into it.

Edit: I see the B.S. Entry badge on her page. I think I should explain how I coded this-

To avoid having the site load really, really slowly as it checks for everything on every stable/horse page load, I only put certain scripts in certain places. To force the database to update B.S. nominations, the nominated lists have to be viewed. Every time I rename horses in the results for people, I open the stallions & mares lists, and when they've loaded, then I open the foals list.

The stallions & mares listing page does this check:
- Make a list of horses in the results with at least 1 nomination result
- Make a list of all horses that are already nominated
- For every horse in the results list that isn't already marked as nominated, update that horse

The foals listing page does this:
- Make a list of all nominated stallions & mares
- Search the horses table for all horses that are not nominated entries, and check their sire/dam against the above list. If a match is found, update.

So basically Tessa fixed it by viewing the foals list.
Horses Forever Stable: Blackvale Ltd.
Reference archive of Westveil Estate horses pre-2016 renovation: https://epicpony.com/westveil/horses.php

Free Sim Tools | ISG Registry Archive

Return to “AHAC Information Centre”