Jenna

ASSA Website & Information

Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:45 pm

Welcome to the ASSA!

. . . Website & Rules . . .
[ Website ]
The ASSA got a new website in September 2016. Unfortunately yes, that means members of the old site need to re-join. You can do that by going to the login/register page and signing up using the registration code ASSA2016.

There is a mass-registration option for your herd to get you going! Download this spreadsheet, fill it out with you herd's information (reference the options on the horse registration page), save it in a spreadsheet file format (ideally .ods) and email it to assa@westveil-estate.com.

Are your horse's results not showing up? If you've registered in the early days after this announcement goes up, the complete set of pre-September 2016 results might not have been uploaded yet. If it's been a while and all those results are in the archive, take a look at this list of horse names in the results. If your horse's name has gone in with a spelling error (or has been stripped of its *), contact any ASSA staff member to have it fixed.

Is your horse's breed not available on the registration list? If it's an Arabian cross, choose Half-Arabian. If it's 50+% one of the other breeds on the list, register it under the purebred breed option. If neither of those solutions work for you, ask an ASSA staff member.

Horses can compete in unlimited in-hand classes, but no more than 6 ridden/driven classes at a time. Your horse will only have entry options appropriate for its discipline division, rider division and age group. That said, keep the following things in mind:
  • "English Pleasure" and "Show Pleasure" are pretty much the same thing. Feel free to cross between these if you have the option.
  • "English Country Pleasure" and "Classic Pleasure" are pretty much the same thing. Feel free to cross between these if you have the option.
  • Do not cross between English/Show & Country/Classic & Park, as these styles are too different
  • If you are entering breed-specific classes as well as general classes, make sure your horse can realistically do all the movements required
  • If you are entering both gaited and non-gaited versions of the same class, make sure your gaited horse can do a non-gaited walk, trot and canter
  • Western Pleasure and Western Country Pleasure are not the same thing. Most horses will have trouble crossing between these. Hunter type horses cross into Western at the ASSA may prefer the Country variation.
  • Morgans, being a "sometimes gaited" breed, will be presented with both "Gaited" and "Light Horse" in-hand options, no matter which discipline division is selected. Only enter the gaited breeds class(es) if your horse is gaited, or produces gaited foals.

. . . Points & Titles . . .
Points & Title systems can be found here.
Class A (Member Hosted) 3/2/1
Regional 6/4/2
National 8/6/3
International 10/8/5

Champion (Ch) 200 - 399
Regional Champion (RCh) 400 - 599
National Champion (NCh) 600 - 799
International Champion (ICh) 800 - 999
World Champion (WCh) 1000 - 1199
Hall of Fame (HoF) 1200+

Image Image Image Image Image Image
(Please save these images and upload them to your own hosting. DO NOT hotlink!)

. . . Breeder's Trust . . .
Horses that win Champion or Reserve Champion in an in-hand class (excluding prospect classes) at one of the following qualifying shows will be registered as a Breeder's Trust Sire or Breeder's Trust Dam. If your horse qualified under different regulations at pre-2016 shows and is not marked as a BT Sire/Dam now, please contact Jenna to have the horse manually marked as nominated.

• Syracuse International Horse Show (February)
  • J. D. Massey Classic (April)
  • European International Championships (June)
  • Barcelona Open Classic (August)
  • Oakland International Cup (October)
  • The Year End Championships (December)

All foals of nominated sires and dams become Breedert's Trust Foals (or Nominees).

All Breeder's Trust sires, dams and foals compete in additional in-hand classes at all official shows.

Image Image Image

. . . Champions League . . .
The Champions League program will resume in January 2017.

Every year, from January 1st to March 15th, ASSA owners may nominate 2 homebred weanlings.
If you age your horses in real time, then you are nominating a foal you bred, born in the current year.
If you age your horses on any other scale, then you are nominating a foal you bred that is currently 0 years old, and you agree to keep it 0 years old until the end of the show season.

You may nominate 2 foals of any sex (1 filly & 1 colt, 2 fillies, etc.)

Champions League classes run at National and International shows.

Champions League Weanling Fillies
Champions League Weanling Colts
Champions League Weanling Geldings

Horses Forever Stable: Blackvale Ltd.
Reference archive of Westveil Estate horses pre-2016 renovation: https://epicpony.com/westveil/horses.php

Free Sim Tools | ISG Registry Archive

Nessa

Re: ASSA Website & Information

Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:30 am

Im getting this when trying to register :

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home1/orgletho/public_html/westveil/assa/login.php on line 91

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/orgletho/public_html/westveil/assa/login.php:91) in /home1/orgletho/public_html/westveil/assa/login.php on line 100

suuuuper excited for the new site though, the badges look super great!! :D

Tait

Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:46 am

Yea im the same as Nessa :D I thought I had done something wrong until I seen your post Nessa lol

Jenna

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:37 pm

I thought you meant registering horses, not as users, and I was confused :) Then I checked lines 91 & 100 in login.php - It was looking for the AHAC owners table, but the ASSA is in a separate database. *rolls eyes at self* It's all good to go now :)
Reference archive of Westveil Estate horses pre-2016 renovation: https://epicpony.com/westveil/horses.php

Nessa

Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:09 am

Hehe ok :) Thanks for your work, Jenna!!

Sanna

Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:21 pm

You guys rock!!

I have one question. Will there be an option to show a horse in Five Gaited? I registered my 5-gaited Icelandic, picked "Gaited" to enter him in, but no Five Gaited classes offered. Only Four Gaited and other things.
Or is there no Five Gaited, because classes are offered separate as Tolt and Sprint/Pace.

Jenna

Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:17 pm

I have no idea why Tashya & Melanie thought that the same 5 gaited class should be open to Saddlebreds and Icelandics, but that's what was going on with their version of the class list. The Icelandics have their own classes now. It's 4 gaited because we borrowed from the HSHF to make the ASSA class list more inclusive for different breeds. The 4 gaited class is meant to just be walk, trot, tolt, sprint/pace. If you'd rather have a 5 gaited class included (which would also require a standard canter), I can add it.

Sanna

Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:30 pm

Jenna wrote:I have no idea why Tashya & Melanie thought that the same 5 gaited class should be open to Saddlebreds and Icelandics, but that's what was going on with their version of the class list. The Icelandics have their own classes now. It's 4 gaited because we borrowed from the HSHF to make the ASSA class list more inclusive for different breeds. The 4 gaited class is meant to just be walk, trot, told, sprint/pace. If you'd rather have a 5 gaited class included (which would also require a standard canter), I can add it.

I think this makes more sense than having a 5 Gaited class!

Nessa

Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:00 am

I would love to enter my boy Mono Jelka into Fine Harness but... this class does not show on his page no matter what. I noticed that no horse is entered into those classes, is it maybe missing from the form? :)

Jenna

Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:55 am

From the admins' view of the populated entry list, it looks like there are entries in fine harness. The class only shows up for these breeds:

American Saddlebred, American Shetland, American Walking Pony, Dutch Harness Horse, Hackney, Hackney Pony, Morab, Morgan, National Show Horse, Shetland, Tennessee Walking Horse, Victorian Carriage Horse, Walkaloosa, Welsh Section A (Mountan), Welsh Section B (Riding), Welsh Section C (Cob Type), Welsh Section D (Cob), Miniature Horse

Return to “ASSA Information Centre”