Tait

AHAC Results

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:59 am

Hey guys

I was just updating some entries and found that a few of my horses are now missing results on the AHAC website. It seems to be missing all of 2018's results and they've only just disappeared in the past month or so as Ive only just updated all my own records from the site.

Noel
Site Admin

Re: AHAC Results

Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:58 pm

No clue what's going on with those results, but this is something we've had randomly happen with recent shows as well. We've run shows and they've been entered in the database, but for whatever reason, skipped the part where the results were applied to horses/ids.

So for example, when I pulled up this 2018 result , there's no option to collect results by horse or stable. This appears to be true for all 2018 results.
https://thefakepony.com/ahac/show.php?id=000000001925

I don't have access to the backend of the website, but even if I did, my coding skills suck and I doubt I'd be able to figure out the problem. Likely the only solution will be to re-enter the results into the database. It's something I'll have to slowly chip away at, so no quick solution to the problem. Where's Jenna when you need her?! LOL

AHAC and ASSA points/titles have always been unreliable in my experience - even without the missing results. I've noticed time and again that when I plan to retire horses presenting on my website as legion of fame earners, I'll head over to the AHAC and the points are nowhere near the same.

EDIT: Well, scratch re-entering the results ... I just tried to use the tool on the AHAC website to do it and all it would do is spin. We may just be out of luck, unless Tessa has some magical solution ... :( :(

Tait

Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:28 pm

So weird that its happened all of a sudden. I was going through removing entries for horses over legion of fame on my site and they've got no where near the points on AHAC haha I was so confused and thought I had screwed up my results and double entered them on my website haha.

No problem just thought I would let everyone know incase they spotted the problem to :)

Nessa

Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:57 am

This has been happening on so many associations recently. I think maybe the coding has to be updated since the newest version has been out for a while now. I dont have the power to help though, my coding skills are like...uhm.
Ive been collecting from the forums lately and calculating from everything I have on the horses pages. Some have 1000+/- missing, some only about 50 or so.
Btw would it be legit to say if the calculated points are 5000+ they are officially titled LOF?

Noel
Site Admin

Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:37 pm

Nessa wrote:This has been happening on so many associations recently. I think maybe the coding has to be updated since the newest version has been out for a while now. I dont have the power to help though, my coding skills are like...uhm.
Ive been collecting from the forums lately and calculating from everything I have on the horses pages. Some have 1000+/- missing, some only about 50 or so.
Btw would it be legit to say if the calculated points are 5000+ they are officially titled LOF?

You're probably right on the coding, which is no bueno, because my coding skills are non-existant! :lol:

And it's absolutely legit (and encouraged) to base your horses points/titles off of your own calculations and not the association website. Those websites have always been unreliable to some degree. I collect results from the forum and add to my website and basically ignore the AHAC site altogether. Lol

Nessa

Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:44 am

Noel wrote:
You're probably right on the coding, which is no bueno, because my coding skills are non-existant! :lol:

:lol: :lol: I feel you lol. I wish I had the time and concentration to learn it properly but well.... :mrgreen:

Noel wrote:
And it's absolutely legit (and encouraged) to base your horses points/titles off of your own calculations and not the association website. Those websites have always been unreliable to some degree. I collect results from the forum and add to my website and basically ignore the AHAC site altogether. Lol

Alrightly then :D

Tessa

Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:19 am

Y'all, I have zero clue as to what's going on with them. I haven't touched the codes at all except to swap out the database name/password and I'm not confident, nor skilled enough to even begin to figure out what's going on. They've all always been sort of unreliable, which is why I've always preached to not rely on the websites to keep your results. All results are in the database, so have no fear there.

If a horse earns the title based on your results database/collection, then go with it. Don't stress too much about the association websites right now, we're only using them to continue on with the show season. Everything will eventually be right with them this year.

Nessa

Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:08 am

Hm, there seems to be a (maybe new) problem. I just noticed, my hunter prospect mare 00009893: NRC Naima Zurah has been competing in Prix St George Kur this year. Shes 3yo and absolutely has not been entered in this class XD

(I dont even get the option to enter her as the shown classes are the following :
Hopeful Hunter Under Saddle
Low Pre Green Hunter Under Saddle
High Pre Green Hunter Under Saddle
Baby Green Hunter Hunter Under Saddle
First Year Green Hunter Under Saddle
Second Year Green Hunter Under Saddle
Green Conformation Hunter Under Saddle
Green Conformation Hunter Model
Regular Conformation Hunter Under Saddle
Regular Conformation Hunter Model
Amateur Owner Working Hunter Under Saddle
Adult Amateur Hunter Under Saddle
Amateur Equitation Under Saddle
Adult Amateur Equitation Flat
Amateur Sporthorse Under Saddle Futurity
Large Pony Hunter Under Saddle
Green Large Pony Under Saddle)

No idea what to do about this, just thought Id report it for now o.0

Noel
Site Admin

Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:29 am

Well, this is a wild one.
I have absolutely no idea how/why that happened.
I aged your mare to 2009 and changed her discipline to dressage.
This allowed the prix st george kur to show up.
It did not show her as entered in it, but I went ahead and click the enter box and saved entries.
Then I went back in and unclicked it, which appears to have removed her from the class.
I changed her info back to 2019 / hunters and re-entered her into her futurity classes.
I double-checked the "All Entries" page to confirm those were the only entries she had.

I guess that's the only workaround for now. :(

Nessa

Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:17 am

Thank you, Noel :)
I deleted the results of Prix St George Kur from her page and re-counted her points now :D

Return to “AHAC Information Centre”